FSU is a major national research university, and undergraduates benefit from this status by being able to get involved in the research and creative work happening across campus. Students like you (yes, you!) can contribute to a body of knowledge and become a part of FSU’s legacy of high-quality student research. In fact, over 25% of FSU undergraduates conduct research before they graduate. Research occurs in every discipline, so whether you are interested in exercise science, music, communications, engineering, or any other major at FSU, there is a research project that is right for you!
The first steps…
- Explore what interests you. What do you want to know? If you are not sure, a good place to start is looking at what other people in your field have researched.
- Visit your department’s website and view past and current research projects being conducted by faculty and graduate students.
- Read about undergraduate research in FSU’s research journal The Owl
- Attend events where undergraduate research is being presented:
President's Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence (late September)
Undergraduate Research Symposium (late March)
Student Innovation Celebration (late March/early April):
- Set up a meeting with an Undergraduate Research Ambassador of SCURC (Student Council on Undergraduate Research and Creativity) to discuss your interests. Contact them at email@example.com.
- Like the Facebook pages for CRE and SCURC for updates on what's happening in undergraduate research.
We're here to help
- Set-up an appointment to talk to a member of our staff about which options are right for you!
If you would like to meet at a specific time, read the following steps on how to make a CRE advising appointment using Campus Connect.
- Log into myFSU and select the CC icon on the top left
- Click on "Get Advising: Selected Side Only" on the right side
- Select Special Programs/Offices
- Select CRE: Advising
- Select Center for Undergraduate Research & Academic Engagement (CRE)
- Select your appropriate adviser
- Check your email for a Confirmation Email